There are some rites of passage that everyone must go through: walking, talking, driving, barbecuing…

Okay, so maybe the last one is a stretch, but if you live in a home or an apartment with a balcony or patio, it’s basically a sin not to take advantage of it by getting a BBQ.

And that’s just what this Imgur user’s friend did.

But, instead of doing…well, any research or enlisting the help of friends to learn how to properly grill, she went on a journey that can only be described as a horrendous, hilarious failure. Thankfully, her friend shared the whole thing online.

Break that BBQ glass ceiling!

Okay, so maybe you’re not the best woman for the job.

There’s no shame in getting a charcoal starter…in fact, that’s what you’re supposed to do — just not with paper towels.

At this point, I would have asked for help.

She just. Can’t. Even.

Beef tartare, anyone?

Truth.

I’m beginning to see a pattern.

This might actually be her first time cooking burgers…ever.

(I am, too.)

Honestly, it’s probably best that she sells it. It’s a wonder that her whole deck didn’t catch on fire.

(via The Chive)

Then again, practice makes perfect. Better luck next time…?